Welcome to Dee's
Create your own Limerick!
Players then VOTE on the limericks submitted.
There will be 5-10 Rounds per Game or whatever the host sets.
Please note that it is up to the host as to what is or is not allowed.
Some Hosts play a single entry game, some allow multiple entries.
HOW TO PLAY LIMERICK
The aim of the game is to create your own Limericsk, based on a first line, given to you by the host.
The entries are then voted on by the players, with points awarded based on the number of votes.
How to Play Limerick!
1. The Host will begin a limerick by announcing the 1st line of the limerick to be used for each round.
2. Using the 1st line given, you finish the limerick by submitting the next 4 short lines.
REMEMBER: A standard limerick is 5 short lines. Lines 1,2 and 5 should rhyme, with lines 3 & 4 also rhyming.
There was an Old Man in a tree,
Who was horribly bored by a bee:
When they said, " Does it buzz?"
He replied, " Yes it does!
It's a regular brute of a bee!"
There was an Old Man from Dumbree
Who taught little owls to drink tea;
For he said, " To eat mice
Is not proper or nice,"
That amiable man from Dumbree.
3. You will be given a time limit (normally 5 minutes) to ESP the HOST your limerick (including the host's 1st line).
4. After all players have submitted their Answer, the Host will then show the submissions.
5. YOU Vote for the choice you find the funniest, best, most creative etc. ESP YOUR VOTE (using # of the choice) to the Host.
6. Host will then announce the Votes (& points won).
*Repeat above for each Round*
Note: You dont have to be good at poetry! Just be wild, wacky or even random ... as long as it follows the rhythm, and the corresponding lines rhyme, then your Limerick will be a good one.
What is and is NOT allowed! (Varies with hosts)
1. You can NOT vote if you don't send in a phrase.
2. You can NOT vote for yourself.
3. You will not get points if you submit an answer but do not vote.
4. Host has the right to reject any entry for not meeting the above criteria.
You receive 1 Point for each Vote received, you also receive a bonus point for voting for the top answer!
Top Score - You win the 1st Place Prize.
2nd Top Score - You win the 2nd Place Prize.
3rd Top Score - You win the 3rd Place Prize.
Door Prizes will be chosen during or after Game (varies with hosts).
Happy Gaming! Enjoy!
NO PLAYER CARD NEEDED
Please note that each host sets the game options, rules etc.
The info provided here is just an example of one way to play the games to help people become familiar with them. Some games have more variations than others. Each host will announce before the game the rules for their game!